Preparation & cooking time: 20 mins
Calories: 170 kcal per person
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- zest and juice ½ lime (about 1 tbsp)
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 100g bag mixed salad leaves
- large handful coriander, roughly chopped
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- ¼ cucumber, halved lengthways, sliced
- Cover the chicken with cold water, add pinch of salt and bring to the boil, then cook for 10 mins. Remove from the pan and tear into shreds. Stir together the fish sauce, lime zest, juice and sugar until sugar dissolves.
- Place the leaves and coriander in a container, then top with the chicken, onion, chilli and cucumber. Place the dressing in a separate container and toss through the salad when ready to eat.
TIP: Great meal to prepare for your next day lunch box. Please be aware changing or adding extra to the dressing, as tempting as it might be, will affect calorie content of this salad! And if on calorie controlled diet- this is not a good idea! If making it for next day, prepare dressing separately.